Calling on VETERANS - Systems Engineer
Syracuse, New York
Posted On: March 17, 2020
Last Day to Apply: April 17, 2020
The System Engineer will function as the Technical Project Lead for the development of our off-road electronic (switches) products and systems. In this role, the System Engineer will be responsible for coordinating project tasks among different engineering functions (software, mechanical, electrical, validation); function as the technical contact for OEM customers, and play a key role on core team meetings with cross-functional departments.
- Technical lead for the product and system development including all phases of Marquardt’s development process (internal leadership, internal communication).
- Internal interfaces include, but are not limited to: program management, product development, industrial engineering, sales, advanced purchasing, and advanced quality.
- Lead customer contact for all development issues and assignments (external communication).
- Identify work packages and activities, estimate time, effort and define work products (project management).
- Analysis and review of customer requirement specifications to determine feasibility, also in regards of cost and time (requirements management).
- Create and make changes to product/system requirements, review product/system requirements specifications with the internal and external customers.
- Create or make changes to system architecture.
- Support DFMEA activities with the FMEA moderator.
- Evaluate product qualification (DV/PV) status and test reports.
- Support project risk management and function as the lead on technical risk management on system level.
- Support of the project configuration management.
- Lead of the project release management.
- Review of work products on all levels of the projects.
- Support new business acquisition.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
What We Offer:
- Innovative products and diverse customer base.
- Competitive compensation and paid vacation annually plus personal time.
- Generous benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401k with matching).
- Support and resources to continue learning and training.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Amazingly smart and fun teammates, and a management team invested in your development and success.
- Supplier discounts on GM, FCA, and Ford.