VETERANS - Electrical/Controls Engineer
Syracuse, New York
Last Day to Apply: March 31, 2020
**** Note this is for a company working with Clear Path for Veterans ****
Benefits for Full-Time Employees Include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- HSA and FSA company match with enrollment in a qualified plan
- Simple IRA with company match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Vacation, Personal Leave, and Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Quarterly Bonuses
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Educational Assistance
New product development:
Take engineering concept of prospective device and turn it into a manufacturable product. Generate all design documentation that defines and supports how the prototype and final product are to be built. Participate in building and testing of prototype in order to validate the concept and/or function of the product. Use results of prototype testing to make any changes necessary to meet design objectives of product. Revise engineering documents to reflect these changes. Create wire diagrams and schematics as required, and take lead on Controls specifying and programming where required
Support all required aspects of existing product enhancement, from improving build process efficiency, cost reduction alternatives, reliability improvements, and customer and service support. This also entails Sales support tasks from a technical standpoint. Will be assigned the lead in evaluating changes and improvements in our electrical wiring and various Control schemes to constantly evaluate their compatibility to meet the requirements for customer use, cost, ease of assembly, etc.
Duties and Requirements:
- Lead Engineer for all things Electrical/Electronic/Controls related. Electro-mechanical, PID, PLC, etc. Siemens familiarity is a plus.
- Create documentation in SolidWorks 3D Modeling software.
- Prepare engineering documentation for all projects such as Electrical schematics, Electrical wire diagrams, Controls parameters, programming, P&ID, “Point to Point,” wiring charts, bills of materials, design assumptions, etc.
- Assist test engineer during testing phase on prototypes of new products.
- Evaluate field installations and applications and recommend design modifications required to eliminate/correct machine or system malfunctions.
- Research and analyze data such as client design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Collaborate with manufacturing to revise design of products and parts used in the building of these products so as to improve cycle time and product cost.
- Meet with vendors to discuss improvements and updates to their product lines for the purpose of keeping up to date with new technology.
- Participate in engineering meetings and meetings with other departments as needed to discuss how to best introduce new products into manufacturing and also meet cost targets for these products.
- Attend on and offsite technical seminars for the purpose of keeping up to date with current Controls and related HVAC industry technology.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical and/or Electrical engineering required.
- Five to eight years related experience including design of electrical circuitry and controls, and HVAC mechanical systems desired.
- Proficient personal computer skills using AutoCAD, Solidworks, and Microsoft Excel and Word. Ability to work with various suppliers design/specify system components.
An EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of a person's race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics or carrier status, arrest or conviction record, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally protected class or status