VETERANS - Maintenance Technician
Syracuse, New York
Last Day to Apply: June 21, 2019
*** This is a job opportunity for a company partnered with Clear Path for Veterans ***
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive, and productive maintenance systems and processes, to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production.
- Develop and maintain a preventative maintenance program .
- Source and purchase parts to ensure best value. Manage and maintain an ongoing parts inventory.
- Performing simple machinist duties.
- Performing mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical schematics and multimeters, pneumatic automation, hydraulic, troubleshooting, and repair of production machines
- Reading and interpreting equipment manuals, schematics, and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnosing problems, replacing or repairing parts, testing and making adjustments. Collaborates with production on scheduling and downtime.
- Using a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Detecting faulty operations and defective material and reporting those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Complying with safety regulations and maintaining clean and orderly work areas
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience
- Associate’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance a plus
- Four or more years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and industrial skills.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to identify and diagnose problems and effectively solve them.
- Must be a self-starter and fast learner with excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills are required with the ability to develop a program and implement it.
- Must have a mechanical aptitude with related skills.
- Experience with pneumatic automation is required.
- Knowledge and experience of PLC is required.
- Must be able to read electrical schematics and multimeters.
- Basic computer skills that include the ability to send/receive email messages, post information to a database or spreadsheet, and perform basic word processing, bookkeeping, and/or data entry.Knowledge of Microsoft outlook/express, Excel and Word.
- Knows and understands the contents of the Policy Manual and Commitment Statement, and where to find the same
- Understands the Food Safety Manual and where to find the same
- Understand policies/standard operating procedures with respect to personnel practices regarding control of physical contaminants, cleaning and sanitation, waste management, and acts accordingly
- Knows that there are standard operating procedures for calibration of equipment, premises and equipment maintenance, and where the procedures may be found
- Knows that there is a Food Safety Plan including an HACCP plan and, understands and adheres to the Good Manufacturing Practices.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Frequently required to sit.Occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move heavier weight necessary at times.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Moderate mental and visual attention to perform manual work, machine operations, set-ups, inspections and adjustments that require frequent decisions to detect and adjust for variance from proper operation.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and explosives.
- Noise level is moderate.
Job Type: Full-time