Outreach Coordinator Southern Tier
Binghamton, New York
Last Day to Apply: July 11, 2018
Job Title: Outreach Coordinator
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt Work Schedule: Work days & hours vary according to programmatic needs
Reports to: Peer Support Manager
Clear Path for Veterans, Inc. (CPV or Clear Path), is Upstate New York’s Veteran Resource Center serving as a hub of information, programs and services for veterans and their families. The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for cultivating relationships that enhance the mission and effectively communicate the services Clear Path provides to relevant community members. The Outreach Coordinator also actively engages in recruiting Summit Meeting members and increasing Clear Path’s visibility and presence throughout the CNY Region. This position reports to the Peer Support Manager.
1. Create and maintain strong partnerships with community agencies, groups. State, federal, tribal, faith based, and other organizations that can help support Clear Path’s mission.
2. Communicate a consistent message to the broader community on CPV’s mission and focus.
3. Increase Clear Path’s visibility through the distribution of program specific literature (brochures, event flyers etc.) within the community and with Veteran focused groups (American Legion, U.S Department of Veteran Affairs etc.).
4. Stay informed of current events, local initiatives, and community growth that could impact Clear Path’s mission and presence in the community.
5. Interact with volunteers, Veterans, and employees to offer assistance and guidance regarding community outreach and fostering good relations.
6. Coordinate with the Volunteer Program Manager to assist with recruitment and training of volunteers as community ambassadors for Clear Path.
7. Assist with supervising volunteers at outreach events.
8. Prepare for and present at public speaking engagements as needed; assist other Clear Path staff in preparing for speaking engagements as needed.
9. Work in conjunction with the Chief Development Officer to identify donors and nurture donor relationships.
10. Participate as needed with the Clear Path team in fund raising and other on and off-site events.
11. Manage the community outreach team (staff & volunteers) by ensuring Clear Path is properly represented at community events.
12. Maintain and build Summit Meeting Partnerships; Keep an updated referral list for all CPV staff use.
13. Effectively manage monthly Summit Meeting initiative to ensure meetings are scheduled once per month and that meeting announcements are designed and constructed to encourage optimum attendance.
14. Attend each Summit Meeting to facilitate conversation among attendees.
15. Increase Summit Meeting attendance through the recruitment of new Summit Meeting participants.
16. Develop, implement, and maintain an effective feedback methodology to ensure CPV offers referrals that most closely meet Veteran needs; analyze feedback and summarize results to ensure holistic warrior care.
17. Create and maintain a speaker’s schedule that is accessible to Clear Path staff.
18. Act as internal consultant for the Clear Path team about how to construct and deliver audience specific presentations; set up and management of CPV event tables, and other components of public appearances.
19. Attend and actively participate in Staff meetings.
20. Maintain accurate records of all outreach activities.
21. Produce outreach related activity reports as needed.
22. Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Associates degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field required and a minimum of 2 years work experience in public relations, customer service and/or outreach; preferably for a non-profit; or
• A minimum of 5 years work experience in public relations, customer service and/or outreach; preferably for a non-profit.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Needed to Perform Effectively in the Position
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills; including public speaking.
• Knowledge of and ability to work with a military culture.
• Ability to form and maintain positive relationships.
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills; attention to detail.
• Computer literate with good MS skills to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Valid New York State driver’s license and must have use of a reliable vehicle.
• Work evenings and weekends as needed.
• Must be comfortable with dogs in the workplace.
Job-related Physical Abilities needed in order to perform the job in a satisfactory manner
Must be able to stand and sit for long periods of time. Must have manual dexterity and vision sufficient for developing and reading paperwork and for use of computer monitor, keyboard and other office equipment.
• All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
• All Clear Path for Veterans employees are required to conduct themselves in a professional manner towards others to include but not limited to; Veterans, volunteers, visitors and other Clear Path employees.
• Ensure that Veterans, volunteers, employees, donors and visitors have a positive experience with Clear Path.
• Supports and promotes the Clear Path mission.
• Adheres to Clear Path for Veterans policies and procedures.
• Promotes teamwork amongst coworkers.
• Meets or exceeds expected performance standards, including consistently reporting to work on time prepared to perform the duties of the position.