Job Title: Shop/Road Mechanic
Pay Rate/Hours: $21.00-35.00/hour. Experience determines starting rate, eligible for raise after 120 days ~40 hrs/week
We offer complete health benefit packages with free medical/vision, 401K, training incentives and tool/boot allowances. Subject to physical/substance testing and a Personality Profile test. Must have a valid/clean driver's license.
Location: Syracuse/ Albany Branches
We are seeking qualified Shop/Road Mechanics. Experience and knowledge working with electric and internal combustion powered machines such as Earth Moving Equipment, Forklift,
Crane/Boom Trucks, Trash Hauling and Road Paving Equipment. You will be required to diagnose, adjust, repair, and perform planned maintenance work on mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic material handling and/or compact construction and related equipment ensuring service meets all customers needs and requirements.
• High school diploma or equivalent required. 2-5 years experience in the repair and maintenance of heavy-duty construction, automobiles or material handling equipment highly desired.
• Must be available on-call when needed. We are staffed to keep this to a minimum, but being on-call happens from time to time.
• Must supply your own working set of professional grade tools.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a current forklift operator certification.
• Must be able to read a map, understand directions, and follow standard operating procedures.
• The ability to stay current and understand the service and training manuals, including the ability to interpret schematics and effectively use electrical diagnostic instruments.
• Must be able to diagnose problems and perform repairs on mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems.
• Must be able to work independently using effective organizational and time management skills with minimum direction.
• Safely operate hand and power tools, lifts, hoists, hydraulic jacks and material handling equipment.
• Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with customers/coworkers and prepare associated paperwork in a timely manner.