Job Title: Welcome Coordinator
FSLA Status: Hourly/Non-exempt
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday
Reports to: Hospitality Manager
Clear Path for Veterans, Inc. (CPV or Clear Path) is Upstate New York’s Veteran Resource Center serving as a hub of information, programs, and services for veterans and their families. Clear Path for Veterans is located in Chittenango, NY. The Welcome Coordinator is responsible for the first impression of Clear Path for Veterans to our valued veterans and their families, volunteers, and other visitors. The incumbent must display the utmost personal warmth, courtesy, and professionalism. They will perform a variety of office, administrative, and clerical functions to provide service to veterans, and visitors and support to management.
1. Open and close the building at the beginning and end of each workday.
a. In case of absence, communicate promptly with the Hospitality Manager to ensure responsibilities are delegated to another staff member.
b. If issues are encountered during opening or closing, promptly notify the Hospitality Manager and Facilities Manager.
2. At all times, provide world-class customer service to guests of Clear Path for Veterans, including but not limited to veterans, military members, families, donors, volunteers, and vendors.
a. Promptly greet everyone who enters the main facility, making them feel welcome by greeting them in a warm, friendly, and professional manner showing the utmost concern for their comfort.
3. Coordinate and oversee the front desk and reception area to include:
a. Constant front desk and phone coverage.
b. Ensure the front desk, merchandise displays, and other furniture within the common areas are kept tidy, organized, and free of clutter.
c. Keep all literature and print materials in the entrance and lobby up to date and well stocked.
i. Prompt Director of Public Relations and Marketing for materials as needed
d. Keep the conference room clean and meeting ready.
i. Work with the Executive Chef and Hospitality Manager to ensure the meeting room amenity center is always well stocked and refreshments are prepared for meetings as needed.
ii. Manage the conference room reservation requests.
e. Keep the coffee bar tidy and clean of any clutter or debris. Make coffee as needed.
4. Respond to guest inquiries via phone, email, or in person, and direct them to the appropriate staff member or program area.
a. Manage the general inquiry email account.
b. Determine the nature and purpose of a visit, and direct or escort guests to specific destinations.
c. Answer incoming calls within three rings and ensure that all callers respond promptly and courteously.
d. Take accurate messages and ensure they are delivered to the appropriate staff member(s) promptly or offer callers voice mail when applicable.
e. Use sound judgment to provide the Hospitality Manager with a daily report of phone and email inquiries that will require the Hospitality Manager’s follow-up.
5. When requested, schedule and coordinate meetings as directed by the Hospitality Manager and other managers authorized by the Hospitality Manager to include but are not limited to.
a. Arranging and reserving meeting rooms.
b. Overseeing the scheduling of the Clear Path weekly van usage.
6. Keep and monitor general office supply inventory and promptly order additional supplies when necessary, ensuring an adequate supply is always maintained.
7. Perform various data entry and casework functions using the Salesforce platform.
a. In response to guest interaction via phone or email, input cases into Salesforce.
b. Review cases within Salesforce for guest follow-up, ensuring that guests are contacted by Clear Path staff and management within 48 hours.
c. Ensure proper sign-in of visitors and volunteers is executed.
8. At the Hospitality Manager or Executive Management's request, perform various clerical functions, including making copies, assembling presentation materials, stuffing envelopes, or other related tasks.
9. Continually protect the confidentiality of veterans, visitors, and other employees.
10. Receive payment and record receipts for services and all Clear Path for Veterans’ merchandise.
a. Keep an accurate inventory of all Clear Path merchandise and sales.
b. Balance the cash drawer at the end of each workday, ensuring that accounting has accurate sales numbers.
11. Receive, sort, and distribute courier deliveries.
12. Keep a current record of staff members' whereabouts and availability.
13. Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
· High school degree or equivalent required. Associate degree in administrative/clerical studies, business, communications, or related field preferred.
· Minimum 1-3 years experience as a receptionist or working in a service-oriented environment required.
· Experience working with the Veteran population preferred.
· Salesforce experience preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Needed to Perform Effectively in the Position
· Excellent professional level interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to communicate clearly and politely.
· Good judgment and problem-solving skills.
· Must be able to multi-task accurately and efficiently.
· Flexibility to work well within changing priorities and situations.
· Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
· Strong time management, organizational, and prioritization skills; attention to detail.
· Writing skills sufficient enough to draft letters, memos, and other professional correspondence.
· Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
· Computer literacy includes proficiency with various software, including Salesforce and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
· Valid New York State driver’s license and must have use of a reliable vehicle.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and some holidays as necessary to accommodate for exceptional event attendance.
· Must be comfortable with dogs in the workplace.
Job-related Physical Abilities are needed to perform the job satisfactorily.
Must possess speech and hearing enough for telephone and in-person communication. Manual dexterity is enough for regular use of computer keyboard and other office equipment. Vision is sufficient for frequent use of a computer monitor to write and read documents. This position requires constant physical activity, including reaching, bending, sitting, and standing for extended periods—the ability to lift to 35 lbs.
· All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
· All Clear Path for Veterans employees are required to conduct themselves professionally towards others, including but not limited to; Veterans, volunteers, visitors, and other Clear Path employees.
· Ensure that Veterans, volunteers, employees, donors, and visitors have a positive experience.
· Supports and promotes the Clear Path mission, core values, and vision.
· Adheres to Clear Path for Veterans policies and procedures.
· Promotes teamwork amongst coworkers.
· Meets or exceeds expected performance standards, including consistently reporting to work on time and being prepared to perform the position’s duties.