JOB TITLE: Install Helper
Reports to: Lead Installer
Pay Rate and Hours: Pay rate starts at $16.00/hour. This is a full-time position. Workdays are typically Monday through Friday, 7 AM until job completion.
The Install Helper assists in the installation of stone countertops in residential settings. On occasion, these installations may take place in commercial settings.
Essential Daily Duties:
• Assists Lead Installer in completing installations proficiently
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment
• Assists in keeping equipment and supplies inventory up to date
• Learns and retains knowledge of company products
• Perform additional duties as required
• Ability to keep calm and maintain positive attitude in a high-stress environment
• Excellent communication
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Ability to work well within a team
• Critical thinking skills
• Detail oriented
• Customer focus
• Ability to read a tape measure accurately
This job operates in residential and, at times commercial, job sites. This role travels daily- Stone Central NY operates within a 3 hour driving range of the Syracuse location. Incumbent must be appropriately flexible with location changes. Travel to and from job sites will be provided by the company.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. Equipment is provided to make it easier to move and carry stone pieces on the jobsite; some heavy lifting, pushing and pulling is required where equipment is not manageable. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
• High school diploma or GED
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Able to work in a team effort environment
• Able to pass a background check
• Previous carpentry and/or construction work is a plus